Well, I guess the title can be a bit misleading. I have officially moved a bit west and a bit more into the Cajun country of Louisiana. I bit further away from NOLA and a bit more into the heart of bayou’s, heart attacks, and potato salad in gumbo(this was a new revelation). I have moved to Lafayette. This was a move that has been quite…scary, exciting, unsettling, and “oh-my-awesomeness.” I am sure these are the emotions are common to every move as I felt the same way when I moved to Baton Rouge, then to Ruston, then to Houston, then back to NOLA area, and now to Lafayette. I feel the need to make a list of my top 5 here in Lafayette:
(5) What the heck is this nonsense of the intersection of Johnston and Ambassador people. Must the developers have put all the commercial shopping all at one intersection?
(4) Accents…annunciate people. I can’t understand you Frenglish wanna be Cajun accent. I need you to enunciate and separate your words.
(3) Thank you for having 2 Sephoras in you one little town. This makes me happy. When I need a new eyeshadow, I can go in and touch up at my leisure. All without purchasing. Thank you Lafayette.
(2) Really Highway 90 police. I realize people should not speed. I get you are protecting me…but I really feel like you are trapping me…must you hide at the bottom of a hill, at least make yourself known.
(1) People of Lafayette: really? Really?! Must you ruin my awesome first time completely home-made gumbo by adding a scoop of potato salad! I worked on that Roux for 45 minutes and 2 days on that gumbo…You are disgracing it with a big ole scoop of potato salad. I don’t care if this is how “true Cajuns” do it…RESPECT THE COOK. The cook thinks potato salad belongs with a bbq chicken wing, not inside your gumbo. I will forgive. I will never understand.
lifetimes of paper rainbows…W the Laffy Taffy artichoke?